Friday, October 11, 2013

Friday's Letters

Dear Brie,

Lunch was fun. Thanks for finally giving in and saying yes to the Cheesecake Factory. The brownie sundae made it all worth it, but next time we order that first. I don't like eating my desert in a hurry.






































Dear family in the desert,

It was so good seeing you again even if it never seems like we stay long enough. It did my heart good to see your smiles.






































Dear Photography,

I miss you. I miss dialing in the aperture, the shutter speed and the sound of the snap. I miss chasing the light and keeping my eyes peeled for the moment that clicks. I miss downloading the results in anticipation and the honest critique of the shot I got. I'm hoping this weekend we can catch up a bit.

Dear Lord,

To steal the lyrics from one of my favorite songs because they've never been more true than than they are now. I need you. Every hour I need you. You're my one defense, my righteousness. I need you.

Dear Kim,

Your news hurt deep. I don't understand. Not one bit. But I won't give up hope so I will continue to pray. For healing for you, for healing for me, for grace and mercy for our families.

No comments:

Post a Comment