Sunday, November 24, 2013

30 Days of Gratitude - Day Twenty-Four

For the past four weeks, I've not gotten much than five hours of sleep. It's not a case of insomnia because I am sleeping, but I'm not sleeping deep and even though I'm often going to bed after midnight, I've been waking at 4:30am and getting up shortly after 5am.

I have no doubt that it's the dexamethasone that's affecting my sleep pattern. Even with little sleep, I haven't felt tired or dragging so I haven't really been worried about the lack of hours. I've felt good and that's all that really matters.

Still in the back of my head, I've been wondering when this would catch up to me. It's part of the reason, I've been trying to cut the dexamethasone out of my daily regiment. Last night, I found myself dozing off before 10am. I was exhausted, climbed into bed before midnight and didn't get out of bed before the sun made its appearance.






































I'm filled with gratitude for a goodnight's rest and for the peace that God brings with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment