Saturday, November 2, 2013

30 Days of Gratitude - Day Two

The simple of act of enjoying the ordinary beauty that surrounds us. So many things we pass by each day without a second glance. I am as guilty of this as the next person. Often times when faced with adversity and struggle, it's even harder to appreciate the things that are right in front of us.

This morning, I took in the quiet of the hour, savoring the fact that time today was my friend. I had no place to go, no commitments, my task was just to allow my body to heal. For the first time in a while, I could take out my camera and look around with fresh eyes. There on the ground lay the forgotten petals of a once lovely rose. Amongst the dust of the ground, the peek of color a stark vibrant reminder of life.

I was able to sit on the ground to snap the picture, something I couldn't do just a day or two ago. Just to bend down low was a moment of triumph. To enjoy everyday beauty without having to go more than my backyard. I am filled with gratitude.


No comments:

Post a Comment