There are things I want to do better, serve God and grow in his word. Be patient. Give more to others. I spent a lot of time thinking about my resolutions. I wanted them to be meaningful and something that I would actually work on throughout the year. I was reading someone else's blog who inspired me to not make my resolutions more specific so that they would be measurable and could be acted upon.
Being that it's 2012, I decided to make 12 resolutions. Here goes, in no particular order:
- Get up 30 minutes earlier than needed every morning to spend time in prayer and in God's word.
- Improve my photography by becoming active in a photography forum, reading a photography book once a month AND taking at least two photography classes.
- Watch the sunrise and the sunset at least once a month, contemplating God's beauty
- Visit someplace new at least once a month
- Walk Belle at least three times a week
- Find a ministry to serve God on a regular basis
- Make at least two new christian friends (maybe through a bible study?)
- Make dinner at least three times a week
- Eat at least two fruits and one vegetables once a day
- Blog on at least three times a week
- Track my resolutions on a weekly basis
- Spend quality time with my mom on a monthly basis