Sunday, January 1, 2012

All in all, a great start to the new year. It was the kind of So Cal day that we come to expect on the first. So beautiful and just the perfect temperature to drive around with the top down. On the spur of the moment, I decided to drive to the beach. I felt so alive and invigorated.

Tried to think of my one word. "Move" and "act" came to mind but they just don't have the connotation that I'm looking for. I also had a ridiculously hard time trying to get a photo of something that represents the word I'm thinking of. On top of that, my posts are flat out boring, I'm plugging through even though I feel like I could be much more creative. So now I'm wrestling with "live" or "love". Mundane, maybe, but so much possibility. Because the greatest of these, is "Love" and that's the first word on my blog name that's what I'm going with. It's settled!!

On the plus side, I joined a Flickr group to share my photos, but need to actually share them. I'll try to finish that task tonight.

So back to my story about the beach. After working on my room, I headed to Michael's to buy some more frames. I really didn't need to spend the money, but justified the expense because I needed to get some of Brie's senior photos framed. After all, I paid an arm and a leg for the photos so it made sense to get them in frames so I can get some enjoyment out of them.

The day was simply glorious so I put the top down while I was zipping around town. I was planning to head back home to finish up on my room after lunch, but instead found myself headed towards the beach instead.



As I was driving, I was keeping my eyes on the lookout for a picture that represented my one word. Since I was thinking of "move" at the time, I started snapping pictures of the wheel of my car. It wasn't quite the effect I wanted, but it still goes along with the word, "love" since I do love my bug.

I ended up at Laguna Beach. The actual beach itself was filled with more people than I imagined it would be. But, still, I was soaking up the moment. I felt so invigorated, so alive. It was a wonderful way to start 2012.










No comments:

Post a Comment