Monday, January 6, 2014

Serve

I decided to pick a word for 2014…my one little word, which will require a lot from me. One that I pray I will live, breathe and act upon throughout the year. Serve.

I didn't debate a lot over the weekend as to whether to select a word or which of the three words I would select. It was decided the moment our interim pastor began to share his message on Sunday. It should have been my word last year. Instead I wasted a whole year.

Not to be dramatic, I don't even know how much time I have this year. But I want to try. I have to try.

The definition of serve is "to be a servant" or "to be of use". For me it means putting others first. It means doing the work of God. Not because I'm God, but because we're called to be his hands and feet, to act on his behalf.

Other than that I don't know what that means, what will be asked or required of me. It'll be interesting to find out.


No comments:

Post a Comment