Friday, January 3, 2014

Hello 2014

It's been chaotic the last ten days. Not every second of the day, but for parts of each day, as we've been surrounded by family since Christmas Eve.


























December always seems to slip between my fingers. This December was no different. I start off with good intentions. I want to have the house decorated with something new I create, make everything comfy, cozy and pretty. This year I felt lucky to have lights on the tree and the stockings hung on the fireplace. I was able to find contentment in what I was able to do.


























I had hoped to blog on the last day of December and, again, on the first day of the New Year, but instead I was out enjoying life which is a better thing to do. On New Year's Eve, I took my brother and sister-in-law to the Pie Hole, continuing my quest to take everyone I love there.

























Then, on New Year's day, we found ourselves at Laguna Beach, enjoying the sunshine and fresh air. I was smart enough to swallow my pride and take my walker which allowed me to walk along side of them without too much discomfort.






































Although 2014 holds much uncertainty, I must say, the first three days have been keepers in my book. Then, again, anytime I wake up in a warm bed in a house full of love I should be filled with thanks.


























I've been wrestling with 2014 resolutions and whether or not to select a one word. I had decided this last week to forgo the latter. After all, I didn't do a good job living by the one I selected last year. How could I? I don't even remember what it was. How pathetic is that? It made me think that I didn't want to be a bandwagoner and select one just because others are doing it. But then I read a few blogs that made me feel inspired to rethink my position and a few words began to take root in my heart. I'm giving myself until the weekend to decide what I want to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment