Friday, August 24, 2012

Fab Florence Part Due

After climbing the Duomo, the gelato was wearing off and we were ready for lunch. Around the Cathedral were various restaurants, a few which obviously catered to Americans. I'm ashamed to admit that we selected one of these, but I felt it was important to get a meal that Brie would eat.

There were chicken sandwiches, hamburgers, even cheese sticks on the menu. It was as American as you could get. And it was surprisingly good. Reenergized, we headed back to the Piazza della Repubblica for a spin on the carousel.


























I can never turn down a carousel ride.






































Luckily for me, Acki was game or I may not have gotten Liz and Brie on it.






































By this time, evening was drawing near and we weren't sure what we wanted to do next. I read that one of the museums had The David by Michelangelo which was on my list of things to see so we wandered in the direction of the Palazzo Vecchio. Similar to the walk to the Duomo, there were countless stops along the way.


























Did I say, countless?


























We were like children in an ice cream factory.































































I was beginning to think we were never going to get there.


























When we finally came to the square.


























It did not disappoint.






































It was a wonderful experience. The wind strangely kicked up and I felt like I was living in a story book. I loved, loved, loved Florence. More than I would have imagined.






































We knew we had a bit of a hike back to the car so we headed back as the sun was coming down which was already after 8pm. By the time we arrived back to the villa, we were tired, but happy and ready for our next adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment