Tuesday, December 3, 2013

December 3rd

It's December 3rd, to some it's just the start of the month, but I already feel as though time is slipping away. Usually by this time, the familiar signs of Christmas adorn the house and my heart.






































The only sign of Christmas around here are the throw blankets we wrap ourselves in since the weather has turned. Since they've been in use for the past few months, they don't really count.

If I could just use a Christmas mug, it would make me feel better, but even those haven't made their appearance. I just might get desperate enough to buy another red, gold or silver coffee cup just to bring the spirit of Christmas into our home.






































Across the street, the neighbors already have their Christmas lights strung outside. It both makes me happy and sad. Happy to see them as I drive up in the dark. Sad that the only light on our house is the porch light. I need to find a way to get the lights up this year, especially since Max and Rori will be here for Christmas.

But the thing that bothers me the most is that it's the 3rd day of December and I don't feel I have done anything daily to give God the glory He should receive for Advent.






































Now that would bring the Spirit of Christmas much more than any light, tree, cookie or mug.

No comments:

Post a Comment