Wednesday, November 26, 2014

The Truth

The light coming into my room in the early morning hours has been so lovely. When the shades are drawn it looks gray and dank outside so it's always a pleasant surprise when the shades are opened and there is sunlight streaming through.

It's one of the many things for which I can give thanks to God. The importance of thanks has been an on-going theme in my morning devotional. It's amazing how much focusing on thanks helps lift the spirit. A few mornings ago, as I was reading my devotional, I was struck with the realization that my thanks to God were superficial.

Sure I thank God when I reading my devotional and bible verse(s) in the morning, but throughout the day, my acknowledgements of the treasured tidbits become few and far between. A better job is needed on my part to continually be in communication with God, thanking him for all the joy he is putting in my path.

This is the day that the Lord has made

For this is the day that the Lord has made! I will rejoice and be glad in it. It feels so good to say these words because they are so true.



No comments:

Post a Comment