Saturday, December 1, 2012

Fa la la la la

One of the local radio stations plays non-stop Christmas music a week before Thanksgiving all the way up to Christmas day. You'll never hear any complaint from me. I love Christmas music, especially of the Christian nature.



O Holy Night

Silent Night

Away in the Manger

Mary Did You Know

What Child is This

I am a bit picky about my Christmas music. I love the old classics sung by Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Nat Cole, Johnny Mathis, Bing Crosby. I also love the renditions by the current Christian bands, such as Third Day, Mercy Me and Casting Crowns. Both Trisha Yearwood and Kathy Mattea have Christmas albums that I listen to over and over again. I also love carols, such as Jingle Bells and Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer.

I love driving around with Christmas music playing on the radio. Last year Christmas Eve, the day was perfect for the top to be down. I had Christmas music blaring on the radio as the air whipped around me. It was as close to a one-horse open sleigh as I had ever come. I could have driven all day just soaking up the feeling.

As the season begins, I feel like I can't get enough of Christmas music and as the days grow closer to Christmas, it's hard to imagine that it will all come to an end. It makes me sad when the music stops on Christmas night so I continue to play Christmas music on my iPod until the New Year. And somehow by then I'm ready to let go until next year.

On this first day of December, it made me happy to drive to Palm Desert to visit the kids, Christmas music playing on the radio. Over three hours there and back, singing along to Christmas music. It was a perfect start to the month. I'm hoping and praying that the next 24 days are equally as festive.

No comments:

Post a Comment