Sunday, December 2, 2012

O Come All Ye Faithful

As a Christian, it is difficult for me to comprehend how anyone could celebrate Christmas without being a believer in Christ. It may be wrong, but I've not had an issue with the whole Santa thing. I have had an issue with the whole "holiday" thing. 

I understand that there are those who sadly don't believe in God or in Jesus as the son of God so it would be much to expect them to understand. Church this time of year because even more special. Singing Christmas songs with the rest of the congregation, lighting advent candles, anticipating the arrival of a baby boy who would become our salvation is what makes Christmas all that it is. 






































It is important to me to find a gift that is worthy of God. Every year, I fall short of this goal. Here it is the night of the 2nd of December and I'm totally clueless as to what I can give as a gift. Yes, there are the feel good deeds, giving to the Salvation Army, selecting a name or two from the Christmas Tree, serving a meal at the homeless shelter, but it just doesn't seem enough. 

This year, I want to be like the magi, relentless in my search for God. Giving everything I have to find Jesus and bringing the best of what I have as a gift. I have 22 more days to figure out what that is. I have a star to follow and a gift to give. And while I celebrate Christmas, I don't want lose sight of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment