Friday, June 14, 2013

Fridays Letters

Dear Zach,

I stumbled upon your story from a blog I read every once in a while. Normally, I'm not a big fan of YouTube or any online videos so my first instinct was to ignore Joy's advice that her readers watch it. The fact that I ignored my instinct even after I saw that the video was over 20 minutes long tells me it must have been a God thing. Later that night, I had to know what was happening in your life now. That's when I learned that you went home this May. I understand why God would want to bring a spirit like you home so early, but I wish he would have left you here longer. We need more souls like you. We really do. I pray for your mama and your family, that they would find peace in the fact that you continue, even now, to touch lives of others.


Dear Brienne,

I can't tell you how much it meant to me that you brought me lunch yesterday while I was at infusion center. Even though I don't mind going alone for my infusion, it felt good to have you there, to feel loved and to have the nurses see that I have others in my life that love me, too. Thank you, too, for staying while I ate. Your company was much, much better than the food.



Dear "Neighbor",

I'm so happy that you called over to me from your infusion chair, to say hello and share with me that it was your last day of your last cycle. I pray that God has healed you completely and that the cancer will never, ever return, that you never have to have another drop of chemo enter your blood stream again.

Dear Matt and Ashley,

It's so exciting that you have a new car! I continue to be amazed at how God has been so faithful to you, providing for your every need. There are a few things I hope you do...first, lay hands upon your new car and pray for the protection of God's angels to watch over you as you drive it. That you would be safe from harm and not harm others with the vehicle. I will be doing that when I see you next. Also, continue to be faithful to God and he will continue to be faithful to you.


Dear Lord,

I don't why I am so teary-eyed lately and why my sleep pattern has been so wacky. It's almost as though you are trying to tell me something. Please don't let it be signs that I'm running out of time. I'm not ready and I don't think my children are either.







































No comments:

Post a Comment