Sunday, June 30, 2013

The Effects

Between the effects of the heat and the aftermath of chemo, my Saturday was pretty much spent down for the count. Can I say I hate days like that? I do. I know I need to listen to my body on days like yesterday and just rest, but there is this fear that the day will lead to another like it, and then another one and, well...the thought just doesn't appeal to me.

It's not just the need for rest, but it's that I can't bring myself to do anything. Read, write, scrapbook, watch a movie. I spend most of it in a hazy, zombie state, waiting for a splash of icy-cold reality to hit me in the face and get me moving again.

I did manage to get out for about an hour so I could eat something of sustenance in hopes that it just might provide the zap of energy that I needed. The meal was delicious and it felt good to join the land of the living, but alas as soon as I got back home, I caved in, once again, to another wave of exhaustion.

On the way to dinner, I did see the loveliest vintage slug bug that I stopped to photograph.






































Turns out the day was not a total loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment