Friday, September 27, 2013

Friday's Letters

Dear Mississippi Medina's,

Oh, how I wish we lived closer...like driving distance closer, like step outside of my house and I'm staring at your house closer. When I'm with you, it reminds me of how much richer life would be if we could just hang out more. Still I'm thankful for the times we have and how we do make the most of them. Not that I don't enjoy the company of others, too, but it was so nice not to have to share you. It meant so much too to have you take me to special places that you knew, just knew, I would love. And I did. They were the type of places I store in my heart and will go back in my mind over and over and over again. I love you.






































Dear Traveling me,

I did it! All glory to God and thanks to all the prayers being sent in my name. And as each leg of my trip would pass, I would thankfully and triumphantly say, "I did it".







































Dear JetBlue,

Is there an airline out there equal to or better than you in service and in comfort? I think not. Southwest does a pretty good job, but they cram passengers in so tight, they need a can-opener to get everyone out. The extra leg room is always appreciated, as is the team of friendly flight attendants you have. And you get extra bonus points for flying out of lovely Long Beach airport.



Dear Shar,

One of the best parts of the trip was spending alone time with you. We need to make sure to do that from now on, no matter how many Medina's are around. We WILL do it again if you and Vic are able to make it out for the holiday's. We'll have mom, be grandma, and watch Mason, and I'll take you to my favorite coffee shop where we can sit and chat a while.



Dear Cracker Barrel,

Why can't we have one of you out here? Of course, that would probably make it less special when we visit the South, but truly, if there were one chain that I covet, it would be you. Your pancakes with warmed syrup are the BEST.







































Dear Mary,

I am overwhelmed by your kindness, by your faithfulness, by your willingness to act as God's servant and pray the healing prayer. It is working, I can feel it. I felt it the next morning, I've felt it each morning and throughout the day. I hope one day to be such a servant to the Lord,

No comments:

Post a Comment