Monday, April 8, 2013

Life is Beautiful

This weekend, I was reminded, once again, how much pain and suffering there is in this world. It sometimes seems wrong to be laughing and smiling when you know how many hearts are out there breaking. If you live long enough, you know that feeling of wondering how the world can seemingly go on like nothing is wrong when your life is in such disarray. 

I am thankful for a God in whom we can take our sorrows and place them at his feet, who can give us peace and comfort when we think none will come and who will give us the strength to walk through the fire. There are many things I don't understand, but not for one moment do I doubt that he is there in our hour of need regardless of who we are or why we are there. 

Yesterday, I was blessed with a wonderful day with my daughter. That we spent it at a baseball game was something unexpected, but we could have spent it together doing laundry together for all I care. Spending time with one or both of my children makes my heart happy. 

Then today on her facebook page, my daughter posted a picture of her with my nephew, walking hand in hand with a status which read "Life is beautiful you just have to take a closer look". And that made my heart happy too. It's important for me to know that she knows that sometimes you need to look. For the good. For the beauty. For the promise. It takes a lot of hope. And faith. And love. 






































Sometimes you have to weather the storm. But it is worth it because Life is Beautiful. Sometimes you just have to take a closer look.


1 comment:

  1. Hi, Deb I just received your beautifulLiberate Your Art postcard!

    ReplyDelete