Thursday, April 18, 2013

The Best Part of the Day

Yesterday was lovely. A last minute trip to the beach assured me of that. I didn't get home until just after 8pm and as I settled into my recliner, replaying the events of the day, I didn't know how it could get any better.

It was a productive, positive day at work.






































The trip to the beach was everything I could want and more. Perfect temperature, no crowds at all, deep, deep blue skies and the sun in all it's glory. I could have stayed forever.






































As I was downloading my pictures, I turned on the TV and caught the last part of Survivor. I don't always watch the show. There are some seasons I don't watch any of it, some I watch just one or two episodes, some a little more. At the end of each show, there is a "tribal council" where all the contestants cast a vote to determine who leaves the island until there are just two standing.

It's the part I find interesting. There is usually someone vulnerable or someone who doesn't know what's coming, but it's rarely suspenseful. Last night, however, something happened that I didn't see coming. Delightfully shocked by the turn of events, I immediately texted Matt whom I thought was likely watching the show. Texting Matt is hit and miss. Sometimes he replies, sometimes he doesn't and sometimes he calls back to talk instead. Since we had talked earlier in the day, I wasn't sure what type of response I would get.

Me: Best tribal council ever!!!!
Matt (almost immediately): Seriously, right!
Me: Epic!!!!
Matt: I so hope Malcolm goes far this time.
Me: Me too.

And that was the best part of my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment