Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Self Portrait Project Week Two

Last year, I got sucked into several photo challenges. Problem was I had difficulty keeping track and keeping up. At first it was a fun way to drive others to my blog, but ultimately instead of spurring my creativity, it hampered it. 

This year, I plan to have my own 365 project and my own 52 week self portrait project. I had intended in participating in the Now You as a way to network with other photographers, but I procrastinated too long and missed the cut off date. While there is a part of me that's disappointed, there is another part of me that feels free from the need to perform. 

Last night as I relaxed in bed, I took a few self portraits, one of which I feel satisfied enough to be brave enough to post the result. When I look at it, I feel my skin looks thin and stretched out, but it is what it is. It's strange how the camera picks up a reflection of someone I don't know, don't feel. 

Yet there is no denying that over the past four months, I feel I've aged 40 years. Though I don't want to admit it, this is probably the person others see when they look at me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment