Friday, August 30, 2013

Friday's Letters

Dear August,

With only one and a half days left in the month, I must say you have been a major disappointment. You started off so promisingly and while I don't blame you for everything, I would have hoped that I would have more to show for the last 30-days. Thankfully, as long as I wake up in the morning, there is hope for a good day so I'm looking forward to what September may bring.






































Dear Whittier Health Partnership,

I so much enjoyed attending your brunch and the opportunity to meet other breast cancer survivors as we created our works of art against the back drop of the bras. Thank you for allowing me to bring my mom who has given me the strength I need at the moments I need it most. I am a fighter, I am a survivor and I'm thankful the love and support from women like you.






































Dear Honest Person,

It's not a pleasant experience, that moment, when you realize that your wallet is not tucked in your purse where it belongs. Driving back to the last known place I used it, I was thankful that I could go online and see that no one had used my cards, still I didn't take any chances and canceled my bank card just to be safe. You can't imagine my immense relief when the clerk at the Pie Hole handed me the wallet that just 30 minutes earlier they said was not there. Not only was it there, but all cards intact. Thank you for turning it in. I hope and pray that you will be rewarded some day in the same way for your honesty.






































Dear Neck,

Stop. being. a. pain. After a week of this, I need some relief. I need to know this is just a stiff neck and not anything more serious than that. I want to be able to turn my head from side to side, up and down without any thought at all. Is that too much to ask?






































Dear Jill,

After all these years, its been such a blessing to find you again and catch up, you, one of my oldest friends. Who knew two girls in 2nd grade would still be able to span such time and distance and still be able to connect.  I wish I would have been better at maintaining friendships so we wouldn't have such lost time between us, but I love how we seem to be able to pick up where we left off so many years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment