Wednesday, February 22, 2012

My Story in my 3rd Face

I'm in my mid-twenties. It's a decades of ups and downs. Some may think it's my lack of self-confidence that made the ride bumpy, the truth is it's the lack of relationship with God during this part of my life that made life harder than it had to be.

Thankfully, God is forgiving and he turned my sins into a blessing that I could not have imagined. By this time, I'm a single mom. That mistake probably saved my life from becoming a bigger mess. I had to get things together if not for my sake, then for my son's, my Matthew, my precious gift from God. I was afraid that I would resent him, but that couldn't have been further from the truth. I never once felt that way. From the moment I decided to keep him, I embraced motherhood and all that came with it. And I was blessed with his presence in my life.

With Matt's birth, I knew that I was responsible for ensuring that he has an opportunity for salvation. And thus began my walk back with the Lord. My biggest regret was that my mistake cost Matthew a relationship with his father, but as my best friend told me, I could cry over split milk or work with what I had. Slowly, slowly, my confidence grew. It grew enough to say no to a marriage that I knew would be a mistake even though I knew I was giving up financial security.


No comments:

Post a Comment