Friday, February 24, 2012

My Story in My Third Face

I'm in my thirties and suddenly I can seen the small tell tale signs of my youth beginning to leave me. I backslide in my confidence for a few years, devastated by my dad's infidelity, something I would have never thought possible in my youth. The family I once knew is gone and we struggle to find a new norm.

I become pregnant; still not married. It's harder the second time because this time I know what's in store for me. I'm a little wiser, asking the father to at least be a part of the baby's life. Slowly, slowly I truly learn to accept my life for what it is. I let go of my dreams and in the process really truly become happy. Happy in my singleness, happy with what I do and don't have. I begin to scrapbook and find enjoyment in making things. A new journey begins.


No comments:

Post a Comment