Wednesday, February 6, 2013

At the Edge of World

I am grateful that I not only live near the ocean, but that if I choose, I can watch the sun sinking into the sea. It truly is like being at the edge of the world.



To watch the sun unimpeded from man made objects slowly disappear, leaving for a time, its evidence in the form of a palette of colors that are indescribable. 


























Besides family, it would be one reason I would be hard pressed to leave the West Coast. Yes, you can see the sun set from anywhere in the world, but to see it at the edge of the world pulls my soul in a way that can't be felt in the city or even from the mountain tops. 



I would imagine that those living in the East Coast feel the same way about sunrises that I do about sunsets. But as glorious as sunrises are, for me, they don't match in majesty the same way a sunset does.



Still, I would love to experience a sunrise at the Atlantic Ocean. To watch the sun rise from the depths of the sea is a sight I long to see.  I don't know that it will be as beautiful as the sunset on the West Coast, but I wouldn't mind comparing. I would keep an open mind. 

No comments:

Post a Comment