Tuesday, February 19, 2013

My Kind of...

Last weekend was my kind of weekend. Practically perfect in every way. Even if it turned out a little different than I thought.


























You see, the plan was to spend Saturday and Sunday at Laguna Beach with my cousin Arleen. Which is exactly what happened.


























The weather on Saturday was in the upper 70's, lower 80's. Sunday the weather was a bit cooler, in the mid to lower 70's, but still beautiful. Just like the weatherman predicted.



The hotel was lovely. In a wonderful location, right on the beach, Mediterranean style, reminding me so much of Greece. We had an ocean view and I slept with the sliding glass door open with the sound of the waves lulling me to sleep. Just like Trip Advisor promised.






































All our meals were so delicious. Lunch, dinner, breakfast and lunch all eaten outside within sight of the ocean.







































We had planned to write, journal, take photos and we did just that, but we did more talking then anything else. I took five cameras with me and only took one out the whole weekend. I didn't even feel bad about it. I learned so much about my cousin. I learned of her love for her family and for our God. I learned of her strength and compassions. I learned of her hopes and dreams.



She encouraged me in ways she will never know.



It was my kind of weekend.






No comments:

Post a Comment