Thursday, February 14, 2013

Love is...

Even the most bitter person can't help but think about Love today. I admit when I was that bitter person. There was a time when Valentine's Day was a bane to my existence. A reminder that I was single, there would be no bouquet of roses, no boxes of candy, no intimate love note.



I missed many a wonderful opportunity to focus on the love I did have, which was all around me. Thankfully those days are long gone. Oh, I'm still single, but I choose to focus on the love that I have. And there is so much love in my life. I am so blessed.



I wish I could say I'm the perfect lover. There are times I think I am, until I think of what Francis Chan suggested, that we take I Corinthians 4-7 and replace the word "love" in the verses with "I"...



Love is patient with I am patient.

Love is kind with I am kind.

Love does not demand its own way with I do not demand my own way.



And I am convicted every time. And while I think that Frances Chan has a good point...we need to look in the mirror and love better. I also think that we need to acknowledge that we will always fall short. It doesn't mean there isn't love.



Love is a wonderful gift from God.







































Love is up to us to give freely and up to us to receive.



Love is not perfect, but it is the best thing in life.



Love is worth the effort (and sometimes it is effort)



Love is the answer.


No comments:

Post a Comment