Thursday, January 12, 2012

Hope

I've come to the conclusion today that as much as I would love to take a photograph a day, there are some days that it's just not going to be possible. Not when I'm a working woman with a job that can be at times demanding. Not when I'm not going to take a picture for the sake of taking a picture.

I took one shot today. Only one. There were moments when I wish I could take a picture of the sun reflecting on the glass buildings, streaming through the trees, but it was impossible since I was stuck driving the car, anxious to get to where I was headed. By the time I got home I was tired. I'm okay with that. I read that I should take pictures every day, but the reality is that doesn't mean I have to. There are other things more important.

Still there is that ever slight part of me that wishes I could have captured something wonderful today. I woke up extra early for no apparent reason. I was rising out of bed by 4:20am. I know, right??? It allowed me some time to read my bible before I got up which made me happy. After I showered, I checked my email and to my surprise, I had a comment on a picture that I took at Greg's on Sunday and posted to Flickr yesterday.

It wasn't something I planned to post, but since I haven't taken anything really post worthy for a few days, I decided to add the picture. To my surprise, I've had more people view this picture than any picture to-date. And to boost my ego even more, I had a comment on the picture which indicated that someone liked it.


































It inspires me to do more. To think that maybe, just maybe I do take decent pictures, with okay composition and good light. It makes me think back to when I was in my 20's and sent in some poems to be considered for a card line and that with my first batch I actually had the publisher indicate that they were going to test market one of them. They sent me a letter that read: Dear Author. And from that I did nothing else. Who knows what could have happened had I done more.

So I might not have a good picture today, but I have hope. Hope that instead of words, I can tell stories though the pictures I take. Hope that others may see the beauty I see.

No comments:

Post a Comment