Wednesday, January 18, 2012

I decided that I really liked Ten on Tuesday. After I finished the post, I realized that I easily had another four or five items to write about and thought it was too bad I couldn't do another list today. But the only number I could think of that goes well with Wednesday is one. One on Wednesday sounds okay, but the idea is rather lame. So for the most part is this whole paragraph.

I ended up not taking a single picture yesterday. It was just one of those evening in which I didn't want to do much when I got home. I was still tired from a late night the night before. There went my 365 days on day 18. While I wasn't completely devastated, I still felt a bit defeated.

Until today that is. I got myself a copy of David Duchemin's book Photographically Speaking: A Deeper Look at Creating Stronger Images. I bought it after reading some reviews on Amazon.com but was a little afraid that it would be too deep for me. So far, though, I love, love, love it. One of the quotes that struck a chord in me read as follows, "Not every scene at every moment makes a good photograph."

It took the pressure off. Should I take a photo a day just for a photo a day sake? Is it better to take a less visually compelling photo if one doesn't come to you? Can you really take a visually compelling photo every day? Today I got a shot that I felt was good enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment