Tuesday, January 3, 2012

I watched the beginnings of a beautiful sunrise on the way into work today. Tried to get a few good shots with my iPhone but was horribly unsuccessful. Had planned on leaving work around 4pm so I could scout out some photo ops right around sunset, but didn't end up leaving until almost a quarter to 5. 



The sky was beautiful shades of pinks, orange and purple so I tried again to get some shots of the evening sky, especially as I passed a water tower in Santa Ana. But, again, came up depressingly short. The colors weren't as vibrant and the pictures were horribly blurry. Not a good start to 2012 as far as photos goes, but at least I am trying every day.



I wish I had the energy to get up and try to fabricate a photo op, but after a long, long day at work, I barely have the energy to type this out. 

More importantly, I was able to spend some time with God this morning. While I didn't read the bible, I did spend some much needed time in prayer before I had to get up for work. I should have gone to bed earlier last night, but I had so much on my mind and wanted to do so many things, I didn't want to. As I was driving home, I wondered if I would be able to train myself to make do on 4 or 5 hours of sleep. For the first time in a long time, I feel like a little kid, excited to start the day, hesitant and dreading to end it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment