Monday, January 23, 2012

Today I Tried to Follow the Sun

It rained pretty much most of the day. A steady downfall of drops, the kind that soaks you to the bone and causes massive traffic headaches. At lunchtime there was not a trace of blue in the sky. I was happy to leave work when I did, hoping against hope to beat the traffic.

As I drove home, the clouds began to let up and become a feathery white. Against the mountains, there were giant puffs of white, gray clouds which were shimmering as the sun slowly made its descent westward.



























I began to follow the sun, one part of me wanting to get home to see Brienne, another part wanting to head for the snow topped peaks clothed in clouds. I wondered if there were others like me chasing the sun or if they were in too much of a hurry and missing the glory that was unfolding.


























My pictures do not do it justice. But I drove to a hill near our house, got out and moved from one side of the crest to another, invigorated by the brisk, cold air, alive by the color in the sky.


No comments:

Post a Comment