Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Exploring Folsom with a Camera

Did I mention that my sister loves me? If there was any doubt, it was completely erased last Thursday because after spending the morning in Old Fair Oaks, she proceeded to go to Old Folsom with me so we could check out one of my favorite antique (vintage) stores and take pictures for the thousandth time.

As we drove to Folsom, we stopped at a park along the American River so we could see the ducks. Not to sound like a broken record, but the weather was absolutely gorgeous.




It's amazing, all these years I've been visiting Eliz and it's the first time I've ever been within a big toe of the American River. 


There were actually some crazy people playing in the water. I love how woodsy it is in the Sacramento area. I've loved it from the moment I first visited almost 14-years ago. I would give anything for my sister to move back down to Southern California. But after a day like this, I can see why she hasn't packed her bags.


We walked up and down Old Folsom which is about twice the size as Old Fair Oaks, which isn't say much, but half the amount of traffic. A walk down the old town isn't the same without a stop at Snooks, a candy store that has been here almost as long as I've walked the earth. They make 1963 look like it's a 100-years old. 



No comments:

Post a Comment