Sunday, April 15, 2012

Who Will Go?

Then I heard the Lord asking, "Who should I send as a message to this people? Who will go for us?"
I said, "Here I am. Send me." Isaiah 6:8

It has been on my heart. How do I serve God? And in today's service, John shared the need for us to "go" serve God. Earlier this month, I had read Isaiah 6:8 and it resonated within the depths of my soul. I must "go". Only I don't know exactly what that means for me. I don't think I need to pack up and leave, but I must do more to serve God.

I've been asking if there is a way I can do that with my photography or my writing. It's been on my heart. How do I share the story of Jesus and salvation with what God has given me. I believe He has given me a gift, but I haven't been using it for His glory, for his purpose. It's been on my heart.

In the song, God of Justice, the lyrics are:

We must go, live to feed the hungry
Stand beside the broken, we must go
Stepping forward, keep us from just singing
Move us into action, we must go

There are so many hungry people out there. I'm not just talking about hungry for food, but hungry for something of substance. We fill out lives with things that never satisfy. He has given me so much peace. He has filled me up. Now I need to be more faithful in the way that I serve him. It's been on my heart.

I want to use my camera and my computer for His purpose, for His glory. I believe that is what he is calling me to do. It's been on my heart. Please pray that I can find His purpose for me.

Now is the time. No more excuses. It's exciting and scary at the same time. Who will go? I will.


No comments:

Post a Comment