Thursday, April 19, 2012

Outside of My Box

I've been doing things I don't typically do.

Like take pictures of flowers. I have thousands of pictures on my hard drive and probably less than 10 pictures of flowers. No, I don't take pictures of flowers.


And if I do, I don't process them in black and white.
























Just like I don't take pictures for a second day in a row of me.


 Then process them in black and white. And post them.







































But my hair had curled just right and after all the time it's taken to grow it back, I wanted to get proof of that curl. Tomorrow it may not curl so perfectly.  And the flower was in its glory today and since it may not be so tomorrow, I wanted to get proof of the pedal.

I've been doing things outside my box this year. Eating out by myself, staying up late, stopping in the middle of the road to take the shot, getting out of the car to take the shot, actually writing, not just thinking about writing, processing in black and white. I'm outside my box, close enough to climb back in. I'm hoping I don't. And I'm hoping I don't build me a new box either.

No comments:

Post a Comment