Saturday, April 14, 2012

Sunshine

I awoke to thick dark gray skies. It was cold. Colder than I could remember it ever being in April in Southern California. I warmed myself with a cup of coffee in my favorite mug. Belle stayed closed by my side.
















The rain was not like Wednesday. It was dreary, trying hard to suck everything into its mass of despair. I didn't bite. I thought it was beautiful.



























After a whole day of rain, I told myself I was over the sun and skies. I told myself I didn't need to take another picture of the sun falling down towards the earth. I told myself I had better things to do with my life. 

I didn't even give it another thought, until as I was driving to the store, the sun started breaking through, beating back the thick gray clouds that had blanketed the skies all day long. I never made it to the store. Instead I basked in the start of the weekend by enjoying what the sun had to offer as penitence for being away so long.











No comments:

Post a Comment