Monday, November 11, 2013

30 Days of Gratitude - Day Eleven

Sometimes the silver linings are hard to find. Today is one of those days. I tried to make do without the steroid. By lunch time there was no denying it was a big big big mistake. I haven't quite recovered from it. I was tense through radiation. I felt all the progress I made last week took a downward turn.

As we drove back home, hot tears bubbled up. The last thing I needed was a pity part. I took deep breaths, meditating on the devotional I read earlier in the morning, the more challenging the day, the more Power, God puts at my disposal. Closing my eyes, I imagined with every breath, I was drawing in the Holy Spirit and with every exhale, ridding myself of the garbage, the cancer, the discontent, the anger.

A stop at Baskin Robbins helped too. As did a Skype message from a co-worker when I logged back into work.



Thankful for a God who in my weakness become stronger, for a God that I can rely on, for a God that can do immeasurably more than I can imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment