Thursday, November 14, 2013

30 Days of Gratitude - Day Fourteen

Until they came along, I had no idea what I was missing. To be a grandmother is a gift like no other. So much so that the moment I found out he was going to be a brother, I felt a thousand times blessed. I sang songs of thanksgiving to God, feeling much like Mary, Elizabeth and so many woman of the bible who in their appreciate would sing their praises to the Lord.

Today was a special day. A birthday celebration of our little guy which called for a trip to Disneyland. Since spending the day at the park was too much for me, we started the day at one of the restaurants that featured Disney characters who roamed the restaurant sparking smiles on the faces of most of the children with hardy imaginations. Our little guy was enthralled.

The meal was delicious, but there was nothing better than the smiles on the birthday boy's face. Even though I didn't get a good shot to save my life, it doesn't matter. I don't need a picture to treasure this memory.


























I am filled with gratitude for the blessings that God has poured into my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment