Saturday, November 16, 2013

30 Days of Gratitude - Day Sixteen

Today was like a fresh of breath air, in so many different ways. I woke up early, spent the morning reading, drinking coffee, just the way a Saturday should be sent. After a shower, I headed up to my room and cleaned it up a bit. It felt so good just to move around without any thought.

The plan was to go to Brie's football game. It would be a test. It would be a test that I would pass. We arrived around the start of the second quarter. True to normal football time, that quarter took double the time it read on the clock. I began to get nervous. 

Even though the Jaramillo's told me that they would take me home any time, I didn't want to have to leave early. The wind began to blow and the temperature dropped slightly. Not horribly cold, but just enough to put a slight chill in the air. Before the second half ended, I wasn't sure if I could make it. But then shortly after half time, the sun broke out and revitalized me. I was able to hold on.

The smile on her face during the game made it all worth it. I love the weather in SoCal in November. As we walked from the field to the car, I was giving thanks. I still felt strong. I thank God for normal days.


No comments:

Post a Comment