Thursday, November 28, 2013

30 Days of Gratitude - Day Twenty-Eight

Woke up this morning before the sun rose at my brother and sister-in-law's lovely house. Normally, I would have tried to sleep another hour or so, but I was looking forward to some quiet still of the morning before the craziness of Thanksgiving kicked in.

My handy-dandy weather app let me know that the sun would rise at 6:41 so I waited until right before 6am to start the coffee and then headed for the porch to take in the morning show. Since earlier in the week, there were threats of rain for Thursday, I wasn't sure if there would be clear skies or cloud cover.  Turns out clear skies were the winner.

With both a warm blanket and cup of steaming, hot coffee, the next twenty minutes were spent in quiet appreciation of the beauty that God created so many years ago and continues to give to us on a daily basis. It set the perfect tone for the rest of the day…until tonight when I got my grouchy on during the drive home.

Still it was a wonderful day, surrounded by family, phone calls from those who couldn't be with us, delicious food from breakfast to our Thanksgiving feast to our pie bar. So many, many blessings for which to be thankful. Where to begin, where to end? I am so thankful for another Thanksgiving to celebrate with my loved ones.


No comments:

Post a Comment