Tuesday, November 12, 2013

30 Days of Gratitude - Day Twelve

I had not one, but two medical appointments today. First I met with my oncologist to go over what's been happening and what the plan is next. Later in the day was my radiation treatment. Tomorrow is my last radiation appointment.

I was hoping for a few weeks of reprieve before I head back into chemotherapy, but that's not to be. Thursday, my chemo appointment will stand. We agreed that we'll up the Aredia to every two months instead of every three months which will hopefully help build my bones back up and the doctor will also put in another referral for the neurosurgeon to see if there is anything they can do to help with the bone compression which is likely the cause of the stress fractures. He talked about the possibility of putting balloons to help relieve the pressure. I'm not really sure what to expect, but I decided I would rather see the neurosurgeon sooner rather than ater.

That's a whole lot of things going on. A few weeks ago, I felt overwhelmed, but today I'm ready to fight. My Aunt drove me to radiation today and was asking about my insurance. Since this has begun, I must say that I have been blessed to have an excellent insurance program. There has been no financial strain. Things move quickly with my care. They have not given up on me. 

I don't know that it will always be this way, but for now, my medical care gives me peace of mind. With everything going on, I am filled with gratitude that I don't have to worry about the cost, about my care, about fighting bureaucracy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment