Monday, November 11, 2013

30 Days of Gratitude - Day Ten

Modern medicine is truly a miracle. Just two weeks ago, I could barely walk through the pain I was feeling. Armed with a steroid and some stiff pain meds, I was able to manage. For the last few days, I've been able to completely forego the pain meds and drop down the dosage of the steroid.

The radiation seems to be working. For how long? I'm not sure, but that's not for me to worry about. I can only be thankful for the day. Today, I can say, the pain was more than tolerable, even almost negligible and that's enough for me. That I feel so much better so quickly is just amazing to me. I'm trying to balance not to overtax myself with making myself move so I can continue to grow stronger.



I'm thankful for medical advancements and the relief it gives and I am filled with gratitude that I'm not as dependent on the medication as I was earlier in the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment