Friday, November 1, 2013

30 Days of Gratitude - Day One

Hello November. At this point, I have no idea what to expect, but I pray that whatever comes, I can embrace each and every day, finding gratitude throughout the way. Each day this month I will try to capture the essence of the things for which I can give thanksgiving. It makes me look forward to tomorrow.

Today, I give thanks that despite the obstacles I know I am facing, I am not overwhelmed. I have much hope. Yesterday as I lay on the radiation bed as still as possible, the whirling sound of the machine above me, I imagined God knitting my bones again for me, his hands working hard making my body even stronger than before. In that sterile, cold room at that moment, it was just me and God and I knew without a doubt that he was at work deep inside the marrow of my body.

Today, I give thanks for my life. This imperfect, ordinary, average life. For it is filled with love and promise. I am filled with gratitude.



No comments:

Post a Comment