Saturday, November 9, 2013

30 Days of Gratitude - Day Nine

I was looking forward to today. Friday I felt as strong as I had in a long time so it gave me great hope that my plans to get together with Barbara would go smoothly. Underneath it all, there was uncertainty; after all I had grand hopes several weeks ago that were severely dashed.

Yesterday, I managed to do without pain medication. It was a victory. Today, I was hoping to do without the steroids, but that wasn't to be. For a while I had to fight the blues. A solo trip to Target was a little harder than I thought it would be. It made me apprehensive about my plans with Barbara.

Turns out I didn't need to worry. We had a delicious lunch at The Olive Pit, a Mediterranean restaurant.  Every bite of the meal was a delicacy to my taste buds. The conversation was therapeutic. After which we headed to Dripp to top the evening off with coffee. It was just what I needed.

As we walked from the parking lot to the coffee shop, my gait was slow, but more importantly, without the nagging pain that has haunted me for the last month. It felt wonderful.

Wonderful to be out, wonderful to enjoy the company of a good friend, wonderful to share thoughts, our hopes an dreams. I am grateful for friends who bless my life and enrich it with their goodness.


No comments:

Post a Comment