Monday, November 4, 2013

30 Days of Gratitude - Day Four

One of the questions I'm often asked is about my appetite. From my nurses, doctor, family and friends, everyone wants to make sure that I'm eating okay. Thankfully, I am. Eating has never been my problem. Healthy eating has been.

My day of eating starts early. I need my breakfast and I need to break it as fast as I can. I eat before I shower, before I get dressed. The moment my feet hit the floor, I'm thinking about what I'm going to eat. Used to be donuts or a pastry of some sort, but now it's usually a bowl of cereal that promises some modicum of grains and fiber.

Because I eat breakfast early, it often means I'm ready for a snack before 10am and lunch at 11am if at all possible. Sometimes it's hard for me to wait even that long. Today was one of those days. I blamed it on the time change, but it seemed that it took forever before it enough time had passed for me to start foraging the kitchen for a snack. I was grateful that mom had gone shopping the day before so there was fresh fruit and leftover banana bread to fill my plate.



Healthy, good food filled me with immense gratitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment