Friday, November 22, 2013

30 Days of Gratitude - Day Twenty-Two

November is usually a beautiful month in Southern California, especially the early days of the month. It can be counted on to have clear, blue skies, crisp, cool, but not cold mornings, giving way to warm temperatures without overheating the soul.

Yesterday, the blue skies took a break and gave way to grey, stormy clouds accompanied by rain. Weather can effect the psyche. Sunny skies lift the heart, dark grey ones, can fill cracks and crevices with despair.

Thankfully, just a day or two of dark skies can come as a blessing, an opportunity to enjoy a cup of hot cocoa and a good book with no guilt. I'm not naive enough to believe I would be able to endure countless days of gloomy weather without it taking me to dark places. Last year, I was at that place. It's not a good or fun place to be. It can be difficult to pull oneself out of the miry pit.

This year, there is light in my life. It lifts my spirits and keeps me filled with hope. There are times when I long for the full effect of the seasons, something we just don't get in Southern California, but I'm thankful that the sun is never gone for long.






































I'm filled with gratitude that I live in this Golden State. And for occasionally cloudy, grey-blue skies.

No comments:

Post a Comment